When burning your candle for the first time, allow it to burn for 2 to 3 hours, until the top layer of the wax has completely melted. This will prevent the wax from tunneling around the wick.
Ideally, we recommend keeping the wick trimmed to 1/4 inch at all times to prevent the candle from emitting smoke or the wick falling into the wax.
After each burn, see that the wick is centered in the wax. This will also ensure that the glass does not overheat. The wick and flame should never be touching the glass.
Please make sure to never leave a lit candle unattended or let it burn for more than 4 hours at a time. A lit candle should also only be placed on a flat, heat-resistant surface.
Keep the candle out of reach of children and pets.